Friday, December 31, 2010

Bareback Again

I rode bareback again today. It was already starting to get dark, so I thought that would be quicker than tacking Trouble up. While I was brushing the red mud off Trouble, hubby started taking the Christmas lights down off the barn, and fixing our malfunctioning arena light. And, he decided to use the mounting block to do so. So, I decided to try to mount bareback from the ground. Hubby said he wished he had a video camera of us. At first, Trouble clearly thought I was crazy. After awhile, she changed her tune to "Oookay, Mom. You keep jumping around like a nut. I think I'll take a nap." What a good little spotted horse! Lately, she hasn't been great at standing for me to mount. I haven't been helping by just ignoring that behavior. At least, this helped that! Instead of dancing off when I get on, she decided to take a nap.

Things to think about for next time:
1. Look up how to mount bareback!
2. Bring a dollar (or facsimile that I don't have to chase down!) to practice for the bareback class

No comments:

Post a Comment