Monday, March 7, 2011

Who is hungry?

Lesson yesterday was completely horrible. When it was time to load Trouble into the trailer, I couldn't catch her. I can't remember if she was trotting while I was chasing her, or if it was just a low speed chase, but she would NOT be caught. I finally managed to catch her (by first removing her Cotton!) We made it to the lesson barn, I tacked up and started walking around the arena. No problems yet. As soon as I trot her, she is totally, completely, absolutely very much LAME. Usually, it just a general not-quite-rightness when it's her hocks. So I haven't a clue what's up with her. You can't see anything at the walk, but a very non-horsey person can see that she is very off at the trot. Vet's coming out on Wednesday for her hocks, so we'll see what he says.
So we came home early. I set about my usual chores, though later than usual. Everything goes off the usual schedule on lesson days. I threw both horses in the pasture and went into the barn to do stalls. When I was finished, I opened the barn door to find FOUR hungry critters, complaining that dinner was late.
Trouble: I'm huuuuuungry! You're laaaaate!
Critter #2: "Me too!" Quack!
Critter #3: "Yeah, what the others said!" Quack, quack!
Cotton (Standing in the back of the pack): I'm still the lowest ranked critter!

Yes, we have ducks. Two white ducks, who are unusually tame. And hungry.

I finally make it back into the house, where I'm greeted by a spinning dog. She spins when she's hungry.

No comments:

Post a Comment